Frank Graham 4-H Volunteer Leadership Award
The Frank Graham 4-H Volunteer Leadership Award recognizes 4-H volunteers for their hard work and dedication to Missouri's youth. The award is named in honor of Frank Graham, former director of the MU Extension 4-H Center for Youth Development and founding member of the Missouri 4-H Foundation Board of Trustees.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of volunteer service to Missouri 4-H.
- Nominees must be recognized volunteers (screened, oriented, 4HOnline enrolled) in the previous program year. For example a 2019 nominee should have been a recognized volunteer between Oct. 2017 and Sept. 2018.
- Counties are limited to one (1) nomination (single person or couple) per year, regardless of the number of volunteers in that county.
Awards will be limited to no more than two volunteers per region. A small committee will make the final selection based on:
- Years of service
- Demonstrated leadership amongst fellow volunteers (e.g., helps staff with club or project leader training for new volunteers, mentors new volunteers)
- Demonstrated personal growth as a volunteer (e.g., attendance at Energizers or other 4-H educational events, 4-H Volunteer e-Forums)
- Current MU Extension 4-H faculty and staff members are eligible for this award as long as they are being nominated for years of volunteer service.
- Deadline: Accepting applications forms November 5, 2018-January 4, 2019 (must be postmarked by January 4, 2019)
- Email applications to Anne Reeder
A spring recognition event will take place at the state level and will include a keynote speaker or volunteer training exercise and a catered noon meal.
For questions about the Frank Graham 4-H Volunteer Leadership Award, please contact Anne Reeder.