Use these MU Extension publications for help with adjusting to divorce, developing a parenting plan, co-parenting and more.
Focus on Kids
Parents who are divorcing or separating face unique challenges in parenting their children while living apart. The purpose of the Focus on Kids program is to help parents learn how to nurture and support their children through the divorce/separation process, and to help parents develop ways to effectively work together as co-parents.
Conducted in cooperation with Missouri’s circuit courts, the Focus on Kids program satisfies the Missouri law that requires parents who are divorcing and creating or modifying a custody order to complete an educational parenting program. But it is important to check with the court in the county in which your case is filed to see if Focus on Kids is an option for you. To find a class in your area, see the Focus on Kids events listing.
Meet the experts
- Kyleigh Sullivan FIELD SPECIALIST IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- Jeremiah Terrell FIELD SPECIALIST IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- Jessica Trussell FIELD SPECIALIST IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- Cathy Galland COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- Dave Hileman FIELD SPECIALIST IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- Chantae Alfred FIELD SPECIALIST IN FAMILY FINANCE
- Emily Barbee FIELD SPECIALIST IN NUTRITION AND HEALTH
- James Monk ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY SCIENCE
- Katie Buchs Pemberton FIELD SPECIALIST IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- Robert McNary COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- Sarah Traub FIELD SPECIALIST IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT