Hi Lonesome Chapter of Missouri Master Naturalist
The Hi Lonesome Chapter is based in Cole Camp, Missouri. Members are primarily from Benton, Pettis, Hickory and Moniteau counties.
Research volunteer and advanced training
Search the following websites for volunteer and advanced training opportunities of special interest to you:
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources
- Grow Native!
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- Native Plant Society
- Missouri Prairie Foundation
- Missouri River Bird Observatory
Local volunteer opportunities:
- Ongoing opportunity: The Boys and Girls Club in Sedalia is looking for individuals to give presentations on nature subjects for the after-school program. Time: 4:30 p.m. When: Third Thursday of each month. Contact: Carrie Leman, (660) 723-9629. Activity is approved for volunteer service.
- Ongoing opportunity: Conservation Area Bird Counts (CACHE) — An ongoing inventory of most of the conservation areas in the state. We can arrange trips as a group or anyone can go alone to any Conservation Areas in the state and enter reports online. Go to Audubon Society of Missouri, click on CACHE Data Entry and record your count data.
Below are forms you will need for your Missouri Master Naturalist projects.
- Volunteer Service Approval Form (PDF) | DOC
- Advanced Training Proposal (PDF) | DOC
- Advanced Training Completed Report (PDF) | DOC
- Volunteer Time Sheet (DOC)
- Volunteer Time Sheet Instructions (DOC)
If you need more information about the Hi Lonesome Chapter or Missouri Master Naturalist program, please contact one of the officers below.
2014 officers/executive committee
- President: Theresa Cline, email
- Vice President: Nancy Konkus, email
- Secretary: Kim Nichols, email
- Treasurer: Marge Lumpe, email
Time sheet recorder
Nancy Konkus is the chapter's timekeeper. You may hand your completed forms to Nancy at a meeting, email them to her or send her the activity details and she will fill out the form and get it to the Benton County Extension Office.
Follow us on Facebook.