Tree Pests: Asian Longhorned Beetle - Page 6
Many native, less serious borers attack hardwood trees and do not need to be reported. Consult the ALB signs and symptoms. Early detection of ALB infestations and rapid treatment response are critical to successful eradication of this beetle.
If you find a suspect beetle in Missouri:
- Compare your large black and white beetle with the photos of ALB and the look-alike cottonwood borer.
- Look for shallow pits and large (3/8 inch diameter) circular holes in bark as possible evidence of ALB.
- Fill out this online report.
- Call the Missouri Department of Conservation toll-free at 866-716-9974.
- Send photos if possible. Take photographs of the entire tree, a close-up of leaves and any other symptoms. Email digital photos and contact information to email@example.com.