About the Plant Diagnostic Clinic
Samples can be mailed to or dropped off at:
University of Missouri—Plant Diagnostic Clinic
28 Mumford Hall
Drop off hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or by appointment.
*There is a 30-minute parking spot located behind Mumford Hall. The clinic is located in the basement. If no one is in the office, please leave sample and submission form, together, on the desk beside office door.
The mission of the clinic is to provide accurate, timely answers and management recommendations to plant health questions and problems encountered by the citizens of Missouri. Management recommendations reflect research-based results and an integrated pest management philosophy.
The mission is accomplished through:
Daily operation of the clinic
- Most samples submitted through the mail, some digital image submissions and personally delivered samples
- 25 percent of samples submitted through regional extension specialists
- 75 percent of samples submitted through other agencies, businesses or by private citizens
Plant pathology education
- Training to extension specialists
- Master Gardener training
- Contributions to newsletters
- Conferences and short courses
- Other invited seminars and presentations