University of Missouri (MU) has been actively involved in the evolution of pasture-based dairying in Missouri with its research and extension efforts. This dairy system was modeled on the rotational grazing systems at the MU Southwest Center Dairy starting in 1998 and refined with cooperating dairy producers. This system provided a profitable and environmentally sustainable business for dairy producers. MU Extension has provided educational programming and outreach to increase knowledge and understanding of pasture-based dairy systems through on-farm workshops/discussion groups, conferences, courses, publications, tools and news releases.
Meet the experts
- Stacey Hamilton DAIRY SPECIALIST, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI SOUTHWEST RESEARCH CENTER
- Scott Poock ASSOCIATE EXTENSION PROFESSOR, EXTENSION VET MED
- Ryan Milhollin EXTENSION SPECIALIST
- Joe Horner EXTENSION SPECIALIST DAIRY AND BEEF
- Reagan Bluel FIELD SPECIALIST IN DAIRY
- Ted Probert FIELD SPECIALIST IN DAIRY