About Nursing Outreach
As part of the University of Missouri Health System and Sinclair School of Nursing, MU Nursing Outreach has all the resources of the state’s flagship university and an academic health sciences center at our fingertips. This places us in a privileged position to provide the latest evidence-based educational programs for practicing professional nurses and other healthcare providers throughout Missouri and beyond.
- Nursing Outreach serves a predominantly rural health-care audience with high-quality, affordable continuing education programs using face-to-face, web-based and online delivery methods.
- Nurses from 77 (68 percent) of Missouri’s 114 counties and the city of St. Louis attended continuing education programs sponsored by MU Nursing Outreach in FY2017.
- A full 94 percent of the Missouri participants reside outside the metropolitan St. Louis and Kansas City areas.
- In addition to Missouri, nurses from 25 other states benefitted from MUNO’s educational programs.
- During FY 2017, 1,986 Missourians participated in Nursing Outreach’s own educational programs and another 886 nurses were served through co-sponsored multidisciplinary programs including social workers, nursing home administrators, physicians, psychologists and counselors.
- Participants rate the overall quality of their continuing education experience as 1.3 (4-point scale with 1 being the highest) and indicate specific ways in which they plan to change their clinical practices based on what they learned at Nursing Outreach programs.
- The office received over $559,579 in competitive grants and contracts from external agencies during FY17 and over $2.1 million during the last five years.