Missouri Swine Resources
Pork production ranks high in Missouri’s list of agricultural commodities, generating some of the highest hog and pig sales in the nation.
Look to statistics to see what drives those rankings. We’ve gathered wide-ranging data on Missouri’s swine industry, ranging from the number of hog and pig farms in the state — and how it compares to other high producers — to the state’s hog cash receipts and pork exports.
Find both information and resources on our website, or contact our knowledgeable specialists to learn more about Missouri’s top-grade pork commodity.
Meet the experts
- Ray Massey EXTENSION PROFESSOR
- Brent Carpenter FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Hannah McClure
- Scott Brown DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP'S AND ASSOCIATE EXTENSION PROFESSOR
- Corinne Bromfield ASSISTANT EXTENSION PROFESSOR OF SWINE PRODUCTION MEDICINE
- Heather Conrow FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- John Lory PROFESSOR ASSOC EXTNS
- Joseph Zulovich, Ph.D., P.E.
- Marcia Shannon
- Ryan Milhollin EXTENSION SPECIALIST
- Teng Teeh Lim
- Timothy Safranski STATE SWINE EXTENSION SPECIALIST & PROFESSOR OF ANIMAL SCIENCE