Do I really need this new text messaging plan? Can I afford it? Do I only want it because I saw this ad? In this project, you will learn about needs, wants, money personalities and values, goal-setting, communication and ways to save money. You will also learn the benefits and drawbacks of credit, advertising influences, consumer decision-making and how to select financial services. Learning more about money can help you understand how to plan for things you want to purchase.
Resources for all levels
FL421 Financial Literacy 1
Target audience: Grades 5-8
- Learn how to define wants and needs
- Learn to track expenses and develop a spending plan
- Learn about banks and savings plans
- Learn about the consequences of using credit
FL422 Financial Literacy 2
Target audience: Grades 9-12
- Learn about earning income and career planning
- Learn to set goals and develop spending and saving plans
- Learn about banks, credit unions and credit reports
- Learn about investments
4-H exhibits and competitions are part of the fun of the Missouri State Fair. You won't want to miss this special event; visit the 4-H building to see the projects of our 4-H youth or catch the judging competitions. Whatever your niche, there is something for everyone. Bring the family! The Missouri State Fair is located at the intersection of Highways 50 and 65, and less than 20 miles south of I-70, Sedalia is roughly an hour from Kansas City, Columbia and Jefferson City.