Through hands-on activities, the 4-H robotic competitions teach members skills related to robotic subsystems such as structure, power, sensors, control and programming that introduces science, math and engineering. Missouri 4-H holds exhibitions and competitions for kids to show their hard work, as well as volunteer trainings, youth camps and workshops for members to attend and strengthen their knowledge of the world of robotics!
Events and Opportunities
Missouri 4-H holds several trainings, competitions, and camps for those involved in STEM projects to participate in. Events will be updated here and on the calendar!
Missouri 4-H Computer Science Pathways Workshop POSTPONED
As we monitor the ongoing national response to the spread of the COVID-19 and keep public health as top priority, we have decided to postpone the Computer Science face to face trainings on March 28th and April 28th. We hope to reschedule and send out more information within the next several weeks.
We would like you to encourage any interested parties to register for the webinars and trainings through 4HOnline. We will send updates and reminders to all registrants. These professional development opportunities are open to the public and are highly encourage for any professional working with youth.
Collaborate with others interested in computer science, learn tips and tricks from monthly guest speakers. First Wednesday each month at noon, starting April 1, 2020. Register on 4-HOnline.
Tentative Webinar Schedule
- April 1, 2020 - Guest speaker representing KC STEM Alliance
- May 6, 2020 - Guest speaker, Destiny Eastep, Platte County R3 School District Project Lead the Way teacher
- June 3, 2020 - Identifying and utilizing computer science curricula (Google CS, Scratch, Computer Science Playbook, Discover 4-H)
- July 1, 2020 - Identifying and utilizing National resources and programs (AspireIT, National Inventors Hall of Fame, Girls Who Code)
- August 5, 2020 - Collaborating with local and statewide partners (MU Extension, Missouri Afterschool Network, volunteers and other organizations)
- September 2, 2020– Incorporating National Youth Science Day activities and toolkits
Youth Camps and Workshops
Robotics Design Challenge at Mizzou
April 11, 9:00 AM — 1:00 PM
4-H STEM Extravaganza at Show Me Mizzou Day
April 18, 9:00 AM — 3:00 PM (Finalized Schedule coming soon)
Memorial Union at the University of Missouri
Contests for ages 8-18, STEM Workshops and activities for youth and adults
Registration on 4-HOnline opening March 1 through 4HOnline and will close on April 10
This is an individual or team challenge: youth may be part of a team of 2-5 youth in the same age division. There is a participant fee of $10 per youth; with $5 entry fee per youth per challenge entered.
Contact: Amanda Meek
STEM Camps at Missouri S&T
Robotics: June 2-4 – Rising 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th graders
Aerospace Camp July 14-16 – Rising 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th graders
Registration through Missouri S&T