National 4-H Congress
November 29 - December 3, 2019, Atlanta, GA
National 4-H Congress is a premier 4-H event held in late November in Atlanta, Georgia. participant experiences include leadership, service, and cultural opportunities.
- To improve the ability of teen 4-H youth to express themselves in written and verbal forms of communication that are necessary and important "life skills" for today and in the future.
- To increase the awareness of the importance of Leadership, Citizenship, and Community Service in 4-H Youth Development.
- To provide an opportunity to develop skills for the work place by developing a resume and participating in interviews.
- 4-H members who are between 14 and 18 years-old on January 1 of the current year are eligible to apply. 4-H members who submit their Y2200 Missouri Recognition Form into their county the fall of the year they turn 19, may have their applications forwarded to regional and state review the following year.
- Visit with your 4-H youth development specialist or youth education assistant.
- Complete the MU Extension publication Y2200, Missouri Recognition Form Level 3
- Submit this to your local Extension office by the locally established date.
- Extension regions will review written application and interview applicants.
- Eight or 30 percent of the total applications submitted for regional review may be forwarded onto the state 4-H office prior to April 1.
- Written applications are reviewed at the state level.
- Up to 30 applicants are invited to interview during State 4-H Congress.
- Up to 20 applicants are selected as delegates to National 4-H Congress.
For even more information, please visit the offical National 4-H Congress website.