Information and registration
Registration – Sherry Grace 573-882-9360
Conference/4-H contact – Steve Henness 573-884-6618
Conference/MCB contact – Teresa Keller 660-383-1034
- Participation is by team. Teams are made up of at least two youth ages 14-18 and one adult.
- Youth must be ages 14-18 before Jan. 1, 2019.
- Adults are team leaders and chaperones (ages 21 & older) for youth from their county/community (Extension faculty, community leaders, teachers, volunteers who actively support youth).
- Adult team leaders must complete steps to be an active 4-H volunteer by Feb. 1.
- Young adults (ages 19-20) can assist team leaders, but will not chaperone youth.
- Teams have a minimum of 3 members (one adult, two youth) and a recommended maximum of 10 members (two adults, eight youth). Counties can register more than one team (4-H, MCB, etc.)
- Read the registration info for details on how to organize and register a team!
Windermere Conferece Center is a world-class camp and conference center, 15 minutes south of Camdenton off Hwy. 54, in the heart of Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks region. The conference center his home base for YCLS.
Youth registration is 4170. Includes Friday/Saturday night lodging, Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast, t-shirts, materials, recreation (except EDGE challenge course) and all weekend activities. EDGE challenge course participants add $25.
Adult registration is FREE. One adult chaperone per team can register for the first 2-5 youth registrations. Teams with 6+ youth can register a second adult chaperone FREE.
Lodging for YCLS includes deluxe accommodation rooms with 5 beds/1 bath – youth with youth, adults with adults. Roommate preferences may be made at registration. All rooming arrangements are made prior to the event, and are final. Families do not need to contact Windermere to reserve rooms.
What to bring
Dress code for the weekend is casual. Summiteers will receive a packing list, dress code, school absence request letter, code of conduct, and chaperone informaiton at least two weeks prior to the event
Team check-in is Friday, March 1, from 4:00-5:00 p.m. Teams should plan to arrive by 5 p.m. for check-in, and dinner from 5:30-6:00 p.m. A required meeting for all adult chaperones will be from 6:15-7:00 p.m. Opening assembly is Friday 7:30 p.m. and last assembly finishes at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday.
Refunds, cancellations, or substitutions
If a cancellations/refund is requested, contact the conference organizers immediately. Refunds for cancellations will only be made until Feb. 1.
If a substitution is requested, contact the conference organizers immediately. Counties may request male-for-male or female-for-female substitutions no later than Feb. 15, for the same roommates and program selections as the original registrant.
- 4-H youth & adults: contact your county 4-H staff about a team of teens/adults for YCLS 2019!
- Counties: add youth/adults to the Summit Team Roster (DOC) and send to Sherry Grace by Feb. 1
- Register in 4-HOnline until Feb. 1, 2019. Individuals register after contacting their county 4-H staff.
- See program discriptions (PDF) for workshop and recreation choices.
- Youth registration is $170 – includes Fri/Sat lodging, meals, conference materials, and most recreation. EDGE Course option is $25 extra.
- Adult registration is FREE – one adult chaperone for the first 2-5 youth per team. Teams with six or more youth can register two adults FREE.
- Questions? contact Sherry Grace or call 573-882-9360.