Eligibility and registration
To be eligible, 4-H members will be:
- Between ages 14 and 20 by Dec. 31
- Able to attend the entire three-day academy
- Nominated by their local 4-H youth specialist for outstanding leadership/citizenship
The following 4-H members are encouraged to apply (preferred, but not required):
- State 4-H Council Members
- State 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassadors
- Citizenship Washington Focus Delegates
- State Award Winners (National 4-H Conference or National 4-H Congress)
- Youth Futures delegates, nominated by advisor
- Collegiate 4-H members, nominated by advisor
Delegates only attend 4-H Legislative Academy once; youth selected as alternates in prior years are encouraged to apply again.
Up to 15 young people will be selected for the Missouri 4-H Legislative Academy. Selection will be based on:
- Satisfactory completion of the 4-HOnline application
- Demonstrated 4-H leadership/citizenship in written narratives
- School absence request signed by school administrator
- Recommendation from local 4-H specialist to represent Missouri 4-H to state-level leaders and decision-makers
Up to 3 youth will be selected as alternates, to replace delegates who become unable to attend.
4-H Legislative Academy applications involve four steps:
- Youth complete 4-HOnline application by Dec. 1, 2019.
- Youth have school administrator sign a completed School Absence Form (PDF) and email to [email protected].
- Youth type out answers to Youth Applicant Narrative questions as an online survey.
- County 4-H Staff recommend youth applicants in 4-HOnline, and submit for state approval.
For assistance with completing the 4-HOnline application, or converting/uploading PDF files, please contact your County Extension Office.
Delegate selection will occur by Dec. 31, with results shared with all applicants and county staff.
$75.00 registration fee, payable by check or credit card. Registration fee is not due until youth are selected as delegates. If paying by check, make payable to “University of Missouri” but send check to County Extension Office noted as “Missouri 4-H Legislative Academy.”