4-H Ag Innovators Experience
2020 4-H Agriculture Innovators Experience
Sponsored by National 4-H Council and Bayer, the Ag Innovators Experience (AIE) helps develop critical workforce skills in young people and show that agriculture can be relevant and fun. The program reaches 7,000 youth in select states with an annual interactive activity that challenges youth to apply critical thinking and STEM skills to address a real-world agriculture challenge. This year's Ag Innovators Experience theme is the Water Connects Us All, which is focuses on the ecosystem, as related to clean water and its role in securing a sustainable food supply. Youth will be challenged to better understand and contribute toward conservation practices to improve water quality.
The application period is open for 4-H members, 14-18 years old, to apply to be part of the 2020 AIE Teen Leaders Team. Twenty-one Teen Leaders will be chosen to facilitate an educational program and activity to 1,000 youth across Missouri at camps, fairs, afterschool groups, and showcase events from April 1st to July 1st. The Top 3 Teen Leaders will attend the National 4-H Ag Innovators Experience training on February 7-9 in Ames, Iowa. The other 18 Teen Leaders will take part in a state training in March in Columbia, MO.
Teen Leader requirements
- Have a positive attitude and be excited about teaching others.
- Be of age 14-18.
- If chosen, be able to participate in a national training program February 7-9, 2020 in Ames Iowa.*
- Attend a 1-day state training on a Saturday in March 2020 in Columbia, Missouri at the 4-H Center for Youth Development.
- Submit an action plan by April 15th.
- Reach a minimum of 50 youth with the program (April 1-July 1).
- Submit minimum of 50 participant surveys.
- Submit a Teen Leader survey.
- Submit a blog article with photo.
- Maintain open communication will program leadership regarding program updates.
- Submit photos of program facilitation.
*Only top three individuals will be chosen to attend this experience.
Teen Leaders will receive
- A toolkit to conduct the Challenge Activity including materials.
- A program polo.
- A stipend of $300 upon completion of teaching experience and fulfilling all program requirements.
- The opportunity to share the story of their experience with industry sponsors.
- Chance to growth their leadership and teaching skills.
If you wish to participate, please complete the application via the link above by January 31, 2020. For questions or additional information, please contact Ty Peckman.