About 4-H Foundation
Who we are
In October, 1949, a group of 4-H Club supporters established the Missouri 4-H Foundation as a non-profit organization. Their mission was to "best meet the needs and advance the interests of 4-H clubs and other youth work throughout the state."
D. Howard Doane chaired the first Missouri 4-H Foundation board with members representing every part of the state.
The Missouri 4-H Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is the private resource partner of the MU Extension 4-H Center for Youth Development, and is governed by an elected board of trustees.
The Missouri 4-H Foundation maximizes 4-H youth development through resource acquisition and management.
What we do
Since 1949, thousands of individuals, organizations and businesses have generously invested financial support in Missouri 4-H. Through the wise use of these funds, we "make the best better" for Missouri 4-H'ers by:
- Securing seed money for new projects and funding for current programs.
- Supporting statewide 4-H activities.
- Establishing Missouri 4-H college scholarships.
- Supporting 4-H volunteer leadership training.
- Recognizing and honoring 4-H volunteers, friends and supporters.