Food systems encompass all the processes and infrastructure involved in getting food from the farm to your table. Increasingly, Missourians are seeking information about how their food is produced, harvested, processed, distributed, marketed and accessed so that they can support their local communities. On this website, you — as a farmer or food business owner, consumer or community leader — will find information and resources to help you:
- Create food systems that provide for profitable, thriving farms and businesses;
- Steward our natural resources;
- Ensure a safe and affordable food supply; and
- Strengthen community relationships in rural and urban Missouri.
Food Systems are a collaborative effort
The process requires contributions from a variety of people, systems and backgrounds.
Meet the experts
- Debi Kelly FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Leslie Bertsch FIELD SPECIALIST IN NUTRITION AND HEALTH
- Londa Nwadike FOOD SAFETY STATE SPECIALIST
- Lorin Fahrmeier FARM TO INSTITUTE PROJECT COORDINATOR
- Matthew Herring FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Patrick Byers FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Sarah Hultine Massengale COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- William McKelvey Jr