EMT and Paramedic Refresher
This course fulfills the Missouri Bureau of Emergency Medical Services (MOBEMS) and NREMT’s requirements for a refresher course in continuing medical education for Emergency Medical Technicians at the Basic(EMTB) and Paramedic(EMTP) Level of licensure, which may be used towards renewing their licensure.
The goals of the refresher courses are as follows:
- To provide a structured course of review to prepare the student to successfully complete the MOBEMS renewal process and is based on the NREMT’s NCCP National Component which requires 30 hours of continuing education with a maximum of 10 hours of distributive education.
- To provide the student with information on current and emerging topics in emergency medical services.
- To provide an environment with interactive learning, hands on skill review, and provide a positive learning environment.
Upon successful completion of this refresher course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts and principles associated with pre-hospital emergency medicine.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the practical skills associated with the provision of Basic and/or Advanced Life Support.
- Describe current philosophies and practices regarding the provision of pre-hospital emergency care.
This hybrid re-fresher course combines convenient on-line learning with the traditional classroom experience for EMTs and Paramedics. Continuing education units (CEU’s) will be awarded for on-line and in classroom participation. After successful application completion and course payment, you will receive an email with the on-line course component link. This hybrid consists of the following:
- Virtual classroom portion with required online participation
- Earn up to 16 hours of CEU's
- Each section includes a test and evaluation
- Must be completed by January 14th at 2355
- In-person instruction at the Woodrail classroom
- Time: 9am to 5pm with 30 minute lunch break (lunch not provided)
- Full day participation is required with a maximum of 8 hours of CEU's awarded
- Classroom options include January 8th, January 15th and January 22nd
- You must attend at least one classroom day for 8 hours of CEU's
- You may attend all three days for up to 24 hours of CEU's