Center for Applied Research and Engagement Systems
We are a small and adventurous group of geographic information specialists, programmers, and data nerds. We love making maps, developing new data visualizations, and helping individuals and organizations figure out ways to do their work better. While many of our current projects are focused on health, over the past 25+ years we’ve been collecting, analyzing, and visualizing data related to the environment, agriculture, safety, education, and the economy. Most importantly, we appreciate and understand the challenges and opportunities related to data collection and analysis in rural America. We like partnering with like-minded organizations, building tools, and finding data that supports positive community and regional change. Oh – and we also like coffee and Mexican food. A lot.
Meet the experts
- Adam Banning
- Angela Johnson CARES RESEARCH PROJECT ANALYST SR.
- Angela Stewart
- Chris Barnett
- Chris Stephens GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEM TECHNICIAN
- Christopher Fulcher ASSISTANT RESEARCH PROFESSOR & DIRECTOR OF CARES & MIZZOU ADVANTAGE FACILITATOR
- David Cavins
- Frank Connett
- Jamie Kleinsorge CARES PROGRAM/PROJECT SUPPORT
- Kevin Atherton CARES TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Melissa De Bartolomeo
- Michael Barbaro
- Michael Hardy CARES RESEARCH PROJECT ANALYST SR.
- Yan Barnett CARES RESEARCH CONSULTANT
- Zhengting He