The CARES Engagement Network is a free, online resource for accessing data, maps, and community needs assessments. Communities across the nation use the Engagement Network to support grant writing, program development, and data-driven decision-making.
Center for Applied Research and Engagement Systems
Founded in 1992, the Center for Applied Research and Engagement Systems (CARES) at the University of Missouri develops and supports mapping, reporting, and collaboration systems that enable public and nonprofit sector organizations to effectively address pressing community issues.
CARES has collaborated on projects with support from a number of foundations, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and partnering university researchers. Through these collaborations, CARES has developed a significant portfolio for data collection and management, web-based content delivery, and spatial analysis.
Learn more about CARES and its projects here.
Meet the experts
- Adam Banning SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
- Angela Johnson SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST
- Angie Stewart BUSINESS OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
- Chris Barnett ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
- Chris Stephens GIS TECHNICIAN
- Christopher Fulcher DIRECTOR
- Dave Connett GIS TECHNICIAN
- David Cavins PROGRAMMER ANALYST
- Jamie Kleinsorge PROGRAM COORDINATOR
- Kevin Atherton CARES TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Melissa De Bartolomeo PROGRAMMER ANALYST
- Michael Barbaro PROGRAMMER ANALYST
- Michael Hardy SENIOR RESEARCH ANALYST
- Yan Barnett SENIOR RESEARCH CONSULTANT
- Zhengting He VISITING RESEARCH SCHOLAR