Agricultural Economics, MU Extension
1012A Thompson Blvd
Sedalia, MO 65301
- Agricultural markets and farm policy
- Farm business planning and management
- Agricultural production economics
Service with the University of Missouri since 1991 in extension education and applied research positions:
- Field Specialist in Agricultural Business, West Central region. MU Extension, 2011 - present,
- Farm Policy Analyst. Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at MU, 2001 - 2011,
- Extension Farm Management Specialist, South Central region, 1991 - 2001.
- Agriculture study tours in Costa Rica and South Africa.
- Texas Agricultural Extension Service, County Agent, 1989-1991.
- West Texas Veterinary Supply, Sales, 1985-1986.
- Currently manage a small sheep grazing operation.
- Discovered honest work on ranches in Texas and Missouri and by swinging a spike maul for the Frisco and Burlington Northern Railroads. Amateur bull rider, retired.
M.S. Texas Tech University, Agricultural Economics-Finance emphasis, 1989. B.S. Abilene Christian University, Animal Science, 1983.
Awards include being named Outstanding Agricultural Specialist by Missouri Farm Bureau, the National Search for Excellence Award in Farm Financial Management Education (team) and the Distinguished Service Award, both received from the National Assn. of County Agricultural Agents.