MU Extension in Dent County
112 E. 5th Street, Suite 4
Salem, MO 65560
Livestock management systems, emphasis on cow/calf and weaned calf management in pasture based environment
- Beef cattle nutrition and management including, least cost cow winter supplementation programs, forage testing, etc.
- Weaned calf/backgrounding/stocker cattle management and nutrition
- Beef Replacement heifer development (Show-Me-Select Replacement Heifer Program)
- Genetics/reproduction - AI protocols, heifer/bull selection
- Forage management - Grazing Systems, etc.
- Endophyte infected fescue management
- Small Ruminant and Swine management systems
B.S. - University of Illinois, Animal Science
M.S. - Univeristy of Illinois, Ruminant Nutrition