State Farm gift supports MU Extension programs
- Published: Friday, April 14, 2017
COLUMBIA, Mo. – A State Farm Insurance Co. donation of $128,000 presented April 13 includes support for several University of Missouri Extension programs:
• A $54,000 gift to MU Extension’s Fire and Rescue Training Institute will fund essential firefighting and rescue training for Missouri emergency responders to highway incidents. The funding will sponsor 18 courses, providing training to an estimated 400 firefighters and emergency responders throughout the state.
• MU Extension in Johnson County received $7,000 to support delivery of roadway safety education programming to youth in the Johnson County area, with topics including car, ATV, bicycle, general roadway and pedestrian safety.
• The Family Impact Center, administered by MU Extension, received $10,000 to support the center’s financial literacy program. Through partnerships with various units within the university, the Family Impact Center provides services to community members in Columbia in a variety of fields, including health, financial literacy and life skills. The center also offers a number of youth programs.
• The Office for Financial Success, part of the MU College of Human Environmental Sciences, received $12,000. The program provides valuable financial counseling and resources, including educational workshops, weekly financial tips, tax preparation and MU Extension programming across the state of Missouri.
Writer: Curt Wohleber
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Aug. 3, 2020
Event time: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Event date: Aug. 4, 2020
Event time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Kansas City, MO
News & articles
CEUHAI-Infection Prevention on the Frontlines: Back to the Basics---in the Midst of a Global Pandemic
July 27, 2020 - Sept. 7, 2020
Online courseOzarks Region Neighborhood Leadership Academy
Aug. 24, 2020 - Nov. 3, 2020
Online courseHazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response Awareness-2021
July 1, 2020 - Aug. 15, 2020