Omaha Steel Castings Co., LLC
- Published: Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
Omaha Steel, a 112-year old company, is an established name in the steel castings industry. In 2014, new owners took possession of assets, including a state-of the-art production facility. Omaha Steel was operating at 40 percent of capacity, which is reflective of the U.S. steel industry in general. A new management team was created to improve operational performance and to increase sales. This Nebraska company sought the assistance of the Mid-America Trade Adjustment Assistance Center (TAAC) in 2016.
The firm was awarded $75,000 in Trade Adjustment Assistance for Firms (TAAF) funding which they matched to total $150,000 to implement the following strategic projects:
- Website development and creation of a new logo
- Condensable air emission assessment, testing and training
- Sales and management team development
- Account software and process assessment
- Engineering support services
Results since program entry
- Sales increased from $9.5 million to $14 million.
- Employment increased from 97 to 140.
- Rebranding to ensure Omaha Steel remained competitive.
- Improved skill set and industry best practices.
- Improved machine capacity and run times.
- Improved accounting procedures and report generation.
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: July 13, 2020 - Nov. 9, 2020
News & articles
Online courseMid Missouri Region Neighborhood Leadership Academy
Aug. 24, 2020 - Nov. 3, 2020