Omaha Steel Castings Co., LLC
- Published: Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
Omaha Steel, a 112-year old company, is an established name in the steel castings industry. In 2014, new owners took possession of assets, including a state-of the-art production facility. Omaha Steel was operating at 40 percent of capacity, which is reflective of the U.S. steel industry in general. A new management team was created to improve operational performance and to increase sales. This Nebraska company sought the assistance of the Mid-America Trade Adjustment Assistance Center (TAAC) in 2016.
The firm was awarded $75,000 in Trade Adjustment Assistance for Firms (TAAF) funding which they matched to total $150,000 to implement the following strategic projects:
- Website development and creation of a new logo
- Condensable air emission assessment, testing and training
- Sales and management team development
- Account software and process assessment
- Engineering support services
Results since program entry
- Sales increased from $9.5 million to $14 million.
- Employment increased from 97 to 140.
- Rebranding to ensure Omaha Steel remained competitive.
- Improved skill set and industry best practices.
- Improved machine capacity and run times.
- Improved accounting procedures and report generation.