MU Extension offers course for public board members
- Published: Monday, Oct. 30, 2017
UNIONVILLE, Mo. – You’ve just been elected to a public board of directors. Now what?
University of Missouri Extension offers a two-night course to help newly elected board members. The course is offered at Unionville, Kahoka, Trenton, Brookfield, Edina and Palmyra, 6-9 p.m. on Nov. 9 and 16.
- Roles and responsibilities of board members.
- Procedures and policies for effective meetings.
- Sunshine Law and the media.
- Teamwork, building consensus and managing conflict.
- Fiscal oversight.
- Putnam County High School, 801 S. 20th St., Unionville.
- Knox County High School, 55701 State Highway 6, Edina.
- North Central Missouri College, Room 208, Geyer Hall, 1301 Main St., Trenton.
- Brookfield Area Career Center, 122 Pershing Road, Brookfield.
- MU Extension Center in Clark County, 111 E. Court St., Kahoka.
- MU Extension Center in Marion County, Suite 201, 100 S. Main St., Palmyra.
The program is also a good refresher course for those already serving in public board positions, said MU Extension agriculture business specialist Joe Koenen.
To register, send a check for $55 payable to MU Extension in Putnam County, Room 104, Courthouse, Unionville, MO 63565, or call 660-947-2705 by Nov. 6. Fees cover materials and a light meal.
Writer: Linda Geist
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Sept. 24, 2020 - Sept. 25, 2020
News & articles
Publication date: Sept. 1, 2020
CEU23rd Annual Conference for Office and Clinic Nurses and Office Support Staff
Sept. 10, 2020 - Nov. 15, 2020
CEU5th Annual Perinatal Conference: Improving Outcomes for Mother and Baby
Oct. 22, 2020