Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame inducts 43 members
- Published: Friday, Sept. 6, 2019
SEDALIA, Mo. – “Making the best better” for generations of Missouri 4-H club members, 43 volunteers joined the Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame on Aug. 17 at State Fair Community College in Sedalia.
Inductees from 35 counties established a legacy totaling 1,021 years of service to 4-H. More than 250 family members and friends attended the 13th annual event.
The Missouri 4-H Foundation recognizes individuals who have created a legacy of service to 4-H by honoring them with membership in the Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame, said Rachel Augustine, director of the Missouri 4-H Foundation.
“These volunteers have played a vital role in helping our youths develop essential life skills that will empower them to become strong leaders in the 21st-century workforce, and we are proud to honor their service,” Augustine said.
The event is sponsored by FCS Financial and the Missouri State Fair in partnership with the Missouri 4-H Foundation.
“There are no words to express our gratitude to the 4-H volunteers who have devoted their time and effort to support our Missouri 4-H program,” said Lupita Fabregas, director of the University of Missouri Extension’s 4-H Center for Youth Development. “Our volunteers, like the ones we celebrate in our 4-H Hall of Fame, have shown us the true meaning of the words devotion, compassion and commitment. Thank you to all of our inductees for your support of Missouri youths. You are contributing to building a better future for the next generation of Missourians.”
2019 Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame inductees:
- John and Paula Isgrig, Audrain County
- Linda Madison, Barton County
- Vicky Miserez,* Boone County
- Ruth Logan, Buchanan County
- C.R. "Bud" Motsinger, Caldwell County
- Betty Vickery, Callaway County
- Marilyn Moreland, Cass County
- Dr. Jeff Ross, Clark County
- Scott and Tammy Adam, Clinton County
- Dorothy and Robert Werdehausen, Cole County
- Anna Rosa Widner,* Cooper County
- Anne Marie Kempf,* Cooper County
- Sue Brown, Crawford County
- Vivian Estes, DeKalb County
- Kent Kundert,* Franklin County
- Linda Hoffmann, Greene County
- Carrol Key, Grundy County
- Annette Swaters, Henry County
- Howard County Cattlemen’s Association, Howard County
- Dale Chaney, Johnson County
- Dr. Marla J. Tobin, Lafayette County
- Lynna Spellman, Lawrence County
- Rex Nelson, Lewis County
- Tammy Combs, Lincoln County
- Bob and Deneise McCollum, Linn County
- Brian and Tena Eggers, Livingston County
- Cheryl Buckman, Marion County
- Leslie Rosenkrans, Monroe County
- Oleta Edwards, Montgomery County
- Patricia "Pat" Spire, Nodaway County
- Mike Klott, Pike County
- Eleanor Kloeppel, Osage County
- Jerrold David Brooks, Polk County
- Judy Robinson, Putnam County
- Norma Jean Jacks, Randolph County
- Rick and Sherry Bersano, Ray County
- Kathleen Ann Pottebaum, Warren County
About Missouri 4-H
4-H, the nation’s largest youth development organization, grows confident young people who are empowered for life today and prepared for careers tomorrow. 4-H programs empower nearly 6 million young people across the U.S. through experiences that develop critical life skills.
University of Missouri Extension 4-H connects the technical knowledge of Mizzou with youth across Missouri learning about the sciences, leadership, citizenship and skills for life. For 70 years, the Missouri 4-H Foundation has been managing funds for the MU Extension 4-H Youth Development Program, providing higher education scholarships and recognizing 4-H volunteers.
Photos available for this release:
For photos and brief bios of individual inductees, contact Missouri 4-H through the MU Extension center in your county.
2019 inductees to the Missouri 4-H Hall of Fame. Photo by Sarah Townley.
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Sept. 23, 2019 - Sept. 27, 2019
Event time: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Event date: Sept. 24, 2019
Event time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Kansas City, MO
Event date: Sept. 24, 2019
Event time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Kansas City, MO
News & articles
Published: Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019
Online courseHazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response Awareness 1908
Aug. 1, 2019 - Oct. 1, 2019