KC Tent & Awning Company
- Published: Wednesday, April 11, 2018
KC Tent & Awning Company, a tent and awning manufacturer in Kansas City, Mo., began receiving assistance from the Mid-America Trade Adjustment Assistance Center (TAAC) in May 2011 to grow the capacity of the sales team, develop and implement a marketing strategy, complete a lead based process review or custom production system to develop more efficient process flow and create an employee development program.
The firm was awarded $22,500 in Trade Adjustment Assistance for Firms (TAAF) funding which they matched to total $30,000 to implement the following strategic projects:
- Extensively train personnel on a new phone technology that integrates their phone system with their computers
- Upgraded training for new programs on their CNC router table
- Monthly leadership training for their newly appointed operations manager (first time position in their company)
- Contracting with a facilitator that provides guidance to the company's strategic planning team
Results since program entry
- The company more than doubled their revenue from $5 million to $10.7 million.
- The company increased employment from 40 to 64 employees.
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Aug. 15, 2019
Event time: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Kansas City, MO
Event date: Aug. 30, 2019
Event time: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Saint Louis, MO
Event date: Sept. 5, 2019
Event time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Kansas City, MO