Flood-related resources from MU Extension
- Published: Monday, March 26, 2018
Editors: With flooding in parts of Missouri this, these ready-to-publish news releases may be of interest to your readers:
- Be prepared for flooded roads: extension.missouri.edu/n/2567
- After a flood, think food safety: extension.missouri.edu/n/3077
- Before the flood: Prepare household items for long-term storage: extension.missouri.edu/n/1156
- First aid for leaky basements: extension.missouri.edu/n/2572
- Reducing flood damage to home and property: extension.missouri.edu/n/1155
- Let flood-damaged homes dry thoroughly before installing new coverings: extension.missouri.edu/n/3073
- Warm, wet weather can trigger mold: extension.missouri.edu/n/1139
- Scams and fraud add insult to injury after a disaster: http://extension.missouri.edu/n/1170
- Property loss from disasters may be tax deductible: extension.missouri.edu/n/1113
- Use shock chlorination to disinfect contaminated wells: extension.missouri.edu/n/1096
- Snakes on a flood plain: extension.missouri.edu/n/1175
In-depth information is available from these MU Extension publications, which are available for free download. (To access publications, use the links below or go extension.missouri.edu/publications/ and search by publication number.)
- EMW1023, Quick Tips for Cleaning Up After a Flood – Tips on protective equipment; deciding what can be salvaged and what should be thrown away; safely drying, cleaning and disinfecting materials; and what to do before installing new drywall and insulation.
- MP904, Resources for Your Flooded Home – Downloadable 24-page publication offers information about electrical systems; repairing walls; cleaning furniture, flooring, floor coverings, bedding and kitchen items; and controlling mold and mildew. Other information includes financial advice, filing insurance claims, avoiding fraud and hiring a contractor.
- EMW1026, Safe Drinking Water in an Emergency – Downloadable guide sheet on storing and purifying drinking water during an emergency.
Missouri Flood Info on Facebook
Missouri Flood Info, http://www.facebook.com/MoFloodInfo, is a collaboration of state, federal and local agencies and organizations involved addressing flooding in Missouri, including the Partnership for Disaster Recovery. Managed by MU Extension.
Writer: Curt Wohleber
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Aug. 22, 2018 - Dec. 14, 2018
Event time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event date: Aug. 27, 2018 - Aug. 28, 2018
Event time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
News & articles
Publications Date: Feb. 13, 2018
Publications Date: Feb. 13, 2018
CEU(HAI) Resources for CIC Certification: Nursing Strategies to Decrease Healthcare Associated Infections
CEU(HAI) Unit 1: Best Practices in Infection Control in Ambulatory Care Settings: Basic Infection Prevention and Control Principles to Guide Practice (CEU)
Online course(HAI) Unit 1: Best Practices in Infection Control in Ambulatory Care Settings: Basic Infection Prevention and Control Principles to Guide Practice (noncredit)
CEU(HAI) Unit 2: Best Practices in Infection Control in Ambulatory Care Settings: Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization (CEU)