Disaster-readiness resources from MU Extension
- Published: Monday, May 23, 2011
University of Missouri Extension has resources to help you and your family prepare for and recover from disasters.
- Be prepared for flooded roads: extension.missouri.edu/n/2567
- Property loss from disasters may be tax deductible: http://extension.missouri.edu/n/1113
- After a flood, think food safety: extension.missouri.edu/n/2550
- Before the flood: Prepare household items for long-term storage: extension.missouri.edu/n/1156
- First aid for leaky basements: extension.missouri.edu/n/2572
- Reducing flood damage to home and property: extension.missouri.edu/n/1155
- Let flood-damaged homes dry thoroughly before installing new coverings: extension.missouri.edu/n/1153
- Warm, wet weather can trigger mold: extension.missouri.edu/n/1139
- Scams and fraud add insult to injury after a disaster: http://extension.missouri.edu/n/1229
- Property loss from disasters may be tax deductible: extension.missouri.edu/n/1113
- Snakes on a flood plain: extension.missouri.edu/n/1175
- Coping with Disaster feature articles: http://missourifamilies.org/features/copingarticles/
- Being prepared for spring storms is a necessity for Missouri residents: http://extension.missouri.edu/main/spotlight/springstorms.aspx
Publications and videos
(To access publications, use the links below or go http://extension.missouri.edu/publications/ and search by publication number.)
EMW1011, Family Disaster Plan – A template to guide families through the process of developing a comprehensive disaster plan.
EMW1012, Disaster Supplies Kit – A downloadable guide to gathering the supplies your family will need if a disaster strikes.
MU Extension Community Emergency Management Program (CEMP): http://extension.missouri.edu/cemp
Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) resources: http://eden.lsu.edu
Writer: Curt Wohleber
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Feb. 17, 2020
Event time: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Event date: Feb. 18, 2020 - Feb. 19, 2020
News & articles
Published: Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020
Online courseHazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response Awareness 1908
Aug. 1, 2019 - March 1, 2020