Bruin Manufacturing Co.
- Published: Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
Bruin Manufacturing, an Iowa manufacturer, is a reliable and innovative leader in the plastics injection molding business. Bruin Manufacturing had many ideas for growing and maintaining their competitiveness with overseas companies, but needed resources to help their ideas become reality. This company sought the assistance of the Mid-America Trade Adjustment Assistance Center (TAAC) and has been working with TAAC since 2016 to implement strategic improvement projects.
The firm was awarded $75,000 in Trade Adjustment Assistance for Firms (TAAF) funding which they matched to total $150,000 to implement the following strategic projects:
- Upgrades to machinery
- Installation and implementation of a new ERP system
- Installation of new PLC software
- Marketing and sales software and training
- Website upgrades, including having professional pictures taken for the site
Results since program entry
- Sales increased from $4.5 million to $6.7 million.
- Employment increased from 32 to 41.
- Increased productivity.
- Improved data collection and managerial report generation.
- New website attracts more customers and makes Bruin more competitive.
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.