Workshops offer help on hiring, retaining farmworkers
- Published: Monday, Oct. 8, 2018
COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri Extension will hold workshops throughout the state on how to attract and keep quality farm laborers.
“This one-day workshop was developed by MU Extension to help you improve your labor management and finances and protect your business,” says MU Extension agricultural economist Ryan Milhollin.
Attendees will learn tips to recruit, train, mentor and retain employees. They also will discuss ways to be competitive in compensation and proper hiring and termination practices. Other topics include record-keeping requirements regarding payroll, withholding taxes and deposits.
Workshops run 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $20 with lunch provided. For more information, contact the extension specialist listed below or go to extension2.missouri.edu/events.
Dates and locations:
• Nov. 15, Kirksville. Missouri Department of Conservation Northeast Regional Office, 3500 S. Baltimore St., Kirksville. Contact Darla Campbell at 660-457-3469 or email@example.com.
• Nov. 29, Marshall. Martin Community Center, 1985 S. Odell Ave., Marshall. Contact Katie Neuner at 660-584-3658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 6, Springfield. Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, 2546 N. Glenstone Ave., Springfield. Contact Wesley Tucker at 417-326-4916 or email@example.com.
• Dec. 13, Sikeston. City of Miner Convention Center, 2610 E. Malone Ave., Miner. Contact David Reinbott at 573-545-3516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MU Extension, USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, and the North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center sponsor the events.
Writer: Linda Geist
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Oct. 10, 2018 - Dec. 12, 2018
Event time: 8:00 am - 10:30 am
St. Louis, MO
Event date: Oct. 25, 2018 - Oct. 31, 2018
Event time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Event date: Nov. 1, 2018
Event time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Kansas City, MO
News & articles
Published: Friday, Oct. 12, 2018