Missouri Worksite Wellness Awards
Recognition available for worksites promoting wellness
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) in partnership with the University of Missouri Extension (MU EXT) has launched the Missouri Worksite Wellness Award program, which recognizes employers that invest in creating a working environment that supports healthy behaviors. Employers are recognized based on criteria for their level of support: Gold, Silver and Bronze.
The minimum criteria for recognition at the Bronze level are:
- Assessment of employer and employee needs interests, health risks and existing capacity.
- Planning process resulting in a workplace health improvement plan to guide the worksite through program development. Includes measurable objectives, interventions, and outcomes.
- Implementation of programs and practices to address employee lifestyle risk factors related to physical activity, nutrition, tobacco use and stress relief. Program infrastructure is built within the worksite for long-term sustainability including wellness committee and leadership support. Participation in programmatic activities, training and technical assistance.
- Evaluation of data and organizational changes.
- Worksites will be asked to meet other minimum criteria on the topics of Policy and Education, Facilities and Resources.
Instructions & more info
After submitting an application to MU EXT, employers will receive a framed certificate and window clings to inform current and potential employees and visitors about their designation. Recognized businesses will also be listed on DHSS’ website. Free resources (posters, campaigns, links, etc.) can be downloaded from the DHSS website at health.mo.gov/living/wellness/worksitewellness/