Occupational Safety, Health, and Wellness, 4th Edition Manual
The following abstract describes a publication that is available for purchase in print or as an e-book. See the “Add to cart” button on this page.
If needed, see the MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute tax-exempt ordering information and e-book details and policies.
This text is all new and meets the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) learning outcomes and lesson outlines for the associates course, Occupational Safety and Health for Emergency Responders.
Fire and emergency responder safety is a primary responsibility of all emergency services organizations and responders. This manual provides guidance to achieve the requirements of NFPA 1500, Standard on Fire Department Occupational Safety and Health Program. The content is a guide to a comprehensive occupational safety, health and wellness program in a fire and emergency response organization.
This text includes how to:
- Implement and manage occupational safety and health program
- Motivate the fire and emergency services organizations to prioritize safety and health
- Establish safety and health objectives for the organization
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment in emergency and nonemergency activities
- The chapters are correlated to the FESHE outcomes
- Up-to-date health, safety and wellness standards and statistics
- Content is concise and easy-to-follow
- Research citations and endnotes are included
Safety and health topics in the manual include the following:
- Risks, hazards and managing risk
- Creating a safety culture
- Physical fitness, wellness and health consideration
- Training safety
- Apparatus and emergency vehicle safety
- Tool and equipment safety, maintenance and operation
- Personal protective equipment selection, care and use
- Emergency scene safety
- Facility safety
- Safety program establishment and implementation
- Risks of a High-Hazard Occupation
- Cultural Change in the Fire Service
- Behavioral-Based Safety
- Health and Fitness Program Requirements
- Training Safety
- Fire Apparatus Safety
- Tools and Equipment Safety
- Protective Clothing and Equipment
- Emergency Operations
- Facility Safety
- Safety and Health Program Administration
Publisher: International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA)
Printed version specs
For more information, see e-book details and policies.