Fire Officer: Principles and Practice, Enhanced 3rd Edition
The following abstract describes a publication that is available for purchase in print. See the “Add to cart” button on this page.
If needed, see the MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute tax-exempt ordering information.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are pleased to bring you the Enhanced Third Edition of Fire Officer: Principles and Practice, the next step in the evolution of Fire Officer I and II training. Covering the entire spectrum of the 2014 Edition of NFPA 1021: Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, the enhanced third ddition includes the following updates:
- Separation of Fire Officer I and II Level content throughout the textbook and student, instructor, and technology resources.
- The latest developments in social media and media relations; NIST research on fire dynamics; fire fighter safety and health issues; and fireground accountability and rapid intervention practices.
- A reorganization of chapters to improve course delivery, including a new chapter on Rules of Engagement.
- New end-of-chapter tools, including Fire Captain (Fire Officer II) activities and comprehensive case studies that progress within each chapter throughout the textbook.
- All new Voices of Experience essays and Near-Miss Reports.
- Addresses the course objectives for FESHE's Principles of Fire and Emergency Service Administration model curriculum.
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning