Emergency preparedness and personal safety begin with the individual.MU Extension Flood Resources (clickable)
Port in the storm
MU Extension partners with local agencies to help those affected by widespread flooding.
“Dick and Annette Thomas aren’t sure where to begin.
It’s been 26 years since the last time their modest home on Third Street in Craig, Missouri, flooded. This time, the damage is worse, and it happened faster. Within hours of hearing floodwaters from the Missouri River had breached a levee on the edge of town on March 20, Craig’s 222 residents were ordered to evacuate.”
Meet the experts
- Jim Crawford FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- Wayne Flanary FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Amie Schleicher FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Kathi Mecham FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Patricia Miller FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Patricia Snodgrass FIELD SPECIALIST IN HOUSING EDUCATION
- Rebecca Blocker FIELD SPECIALIST IN HOUSING EDUCATION
- Todd Lorenz FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Tom Fowler FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Valerie Tate FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY