Answers to questions about structures, ventilation, soil, water, waste, energy, machinery and safety.
Agriculture and environment
MU Extension provides resources to help you transition to the next phase of COVID-19 in your area.Access Resources (clickable)
The singular goal of Agriculture and Environment Extension is to double the value of Missouri agriculture by 2030 while sustaining the state’s natural resources.Join our Efforts (clickable)
Whether you own or manage an operation, find upcoming events to help you succeed in agriculture business and environmental stewardship.Find workshops and events (clickable)
During this unprecedented time, MU Extension creates resources to keep you safe, while strengthening Missouri's agricultural economy. Refer to the resources on this page to navigate on-farm safety, food safety and disaster recovery.
Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory
Analyzes soil, plant, water, manure, compost and greenhouse media.
Pesticide Applicator Training
Helping individuals who wish to become licensed commercial pesticide applicators reduce the harmful effects of improper pesticide use.
Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education
SARE promotes research and education to help farmers and ranchers adopt sustainable practices that are profitable, environmentally sound and beneficial to local communities and society.
Based on the life of Annette (Kohlhagen) Fleck, Annie’s Project empowers farm women to be better business partners through networks, managing and organizing critical information.
Agricultural Business and Policy Extension
Serves rural Missouri by helping farms, agribusinesses and communities understand their opportunities and challenges to make informed decisions
Meet the experts
- Patrick Davis FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Wayne Flanary FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Hank Stelzer ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF FORESTRY EXTENSION
- Stacey Hamilton DAIRY SPECIALIST, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI SOUTHWEST RESEARCH CENTER
- David Patterson CHANCELLOR'S PROFESSOR
- Eric Bailey ASSISTANT PROFESSOR STATE BEEF EXTENSION SPECIALIST
- Jared Decker ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR - STATE BEEF EXTENSION SPECALIST
- John Kruse Associate Extension Professor
- Ray Massey EXTENSION PROFESSOR
- Scott Poock ASSOCIATE EXTENSION PROFESSOR, EXTENSION VET MED
- Ryan Milhollin EXTENSION SPECIALIST
- Tom Fowler FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Corinne Bromfield ASSISTANT EXTENSION PROFESSOR OF SWINE PRODUCTION MEDICINE
- Joni Harper COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Kevin Rice PROF, AST
- David Reinbott FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Amie Schleicher FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Andrew McCorkill FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK