Agriculture and environment
Environmental conditions, including drought, can lead to unsafe levels of nitrates in forages, putting livestock at risk. Learn more about the causes of nitrate poisoning and how to diagnose it.Read more (clickable)
To participate in MU Extension Strip Trial Program, which helps farmers and crop advisers compare on-farm management decisions and practices.Learn more (clickable)
Our mission is to empower farm women to be better business partners through networks and by managing and organizing critical information.Learn more about this program (clickable)
4-H Center for Youth Development
Providing hands-on learning and education so youth can build habits of responsibility, resiliency and hard work to succeed in life.
Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory
Analyzes soil, plant, water, manure, compost and greenhouse media.
Provides in-depth horticulture training for Missourians who wish to spread their knowledge of gardening.
Introduces landowners to basic forestry and wildlife management and shows them how to integrate both forms of management on their property.
Meet the experts
- Hank Stelzer ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF FORESTRY EXTENSION
- William Wiebold PROFESSOR AGRONOMY
- Wesley Tucker FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Ryan Milhollin EXTENSION SPECIALIST
- Brent Carpenter FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Randall Wiedmeier COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Eldon Cole FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Kenneth Bolte COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Jill Scheidt FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY