Answers to questions about structures, ventilation, soil, water, waste, energy, machinery and safety.
Agriculture and environment
MU Extension provides resources to help you transition to the next phase of COVID-19 in your area.Access Resources (clickable)
The singular goal of Agriculture and Environment Extension is to double the value of Missouri agriculture by 2030 while sustaining the state’s natural resources.Join our Efforts (clickable)
Whether you own or manage an operation, find upcoming events to help you succeed in agriculture business and environmental stewardship.Find workshops and events (clickable)
During this unprecedented time, MU Extension creates resources to keep you safe, while strengthening Missouri's agricultural economy. Refer to the resources on this page to navigate on-farm safety, food safety and disaster recovery.
Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory
Analyzes soil, plant, water, manure, compost and greenhouse media.
Missouri Blueberry School
The Missouri Blueberry School brings together all who have an interest in blueberry production in Missouri and surrounding states.
Missouri Master Naturalist
A community-based natural resource education and volunteer service program sponsored jointly by the Missouri Department of Conservation and MU Extension.
A community engagement project with the University of Missouri Crosby MBA Consulting team, MU Extension and the MU Advisory Committee.
Agricultural Business and Policy Extension
Serves rural Missouri by helping farms, agribusinesses and communities understand their opportunities and challenges to make informed decisions
Meet the experts
- Hank Stelzer ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF FORESTRY EXTENSION
- Stacey Hamilton DAIRY SPECIALIST, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI SOUTHWEST RESEARCH CENTER
- David Patterson CHANCELLOR'S PROFESSOR
- Eric Bailey ASSISTANT PROFESSOR STATE BEEF EXTENSION SPECIALIST
- Jared Decker ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR - STATE BEEF EXTENSION SPECALIST
- John Kruse Associate Extension Professor
- Ray Massey EXTENSION PROFESSOR
- Scott Poock ASSOCIATE EXTENSION PROFESSOR, EXTENSION VET MED
- Wayne Flanary FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Gene Schmitz FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Tamra Reall FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Reagan Bluel FIELD SPECIALIST IN DAIRY
- Jenna Monnig FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Kent Shannon FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- Scott Brown DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP'S AND ASSOCIATE EXTENSION PROFESSOR
- Patricia Barrett COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Zachary Erwin FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Amie Schleicher FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK