Supervisory Certificate Series
Held Wednesdays/Thursdays (October 9-10 & 16-17, 2019)
Day 1: Building Effective Relationships (Oct. 9)
- Identify behaviors of great coworkers.
- Describe the role of supervisor and how to avoid common pitfalls
- Define Emotional Intelligence and why it is important to effective supervision
- Identify the major components of emotional intelligence and participate in an assessment to learn about your own EQ.
- Describe ways to improve your EQ.
- Create a personal development plan guided by EQ.
Day 2: Communicating Effectively (Oct. 10)
- Discuss the communication process.
- Identify basic principles of communication.
- Develop use of your TRUE COLOR to better communicate with others.
- Participate in active listening exercises.
Day 3: Your Legal Responsibility ( Oct. 16 AM).
- Review legislation that prohibits discrimination in employment.
- Discuss sexual harassment.
Day 3: Managing Conflict (Oct. 16 PM).
- Define conflict, contributing factors, and three progressive stages.
- Discuss the five conflict management styles.
- Describe your role and the steps to take in managing a conflict between others.
Day 4: Coaching Employees (Oct. 17)
- Define coaching and the necessary elements of an effective coaching experience.
- Identify strategies for engaging employees.
- Discuss the elements of coaching conversations to help develop employees.
- Identify coaching strategies using the Can Do/Will Do grid.
- Practice giving effective feedback.
- Identify ways to handle emotionally charged conversations
Cost: $875 for entire series
Or choose specific session to attend - $280 for full-day sessions; $140 for half-day sessions.
Refund policy: If a cancellation occurs two weeks or more prior to the class date, a refund will be issued less a $75 processing fee. Within two weeks of the class date, no refund will be issued. Attendees may transfer to another workshop up to two times with no penalty, after which no refund will be issued.
- Dewey Thompson DIRECTOR, EXTENSION MISSOURI TRAINING INSTITUTE View Profile
- Bryana Larimer Missouri Training Institute, MU Extension Business Trainer & Consultant
Register For Event
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Aug. 19, 2019 - Aug. 23, 2019
Event time: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Event date: Aug. 21, 2019 - Oct. 11, 2019
Event time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
News & articles
Online courseHazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response Awareness 1908
Aug. 1, 2019 - Sept. 1, 2019