Supervisory Certificate Series
Held Thursday/Friday (April 11-12 & 18-19, 2019)
Day 1: Building Effective Relationships (all day)
- Identify behaviors of great coworkers.
- Describe the role of supervisor and how to avoid common pitfalls
- List characteristics of healthy relationships and how to achieve them:
- Mutual respect.
- Personal responsibility.
- Honest communication.
- Define emotional intelligence and determine steps to improve.
Day 2: Communicating Effectively
- Discuss the communication process.
- Identify basic principles of communication.
- Develop use of your TRUE COLOR to better communicate with others.
- Participate in active listening exercises.
Day 3: Your Legal Responsibility (AM).
- Review legislation that prohibits discrimination in employment.
- Discuss sexual harassment.
Day 3: Managing Conflict (PM).
- Define conflict, contributing factors, and three progressive stages.
- Discuss the five conflict management styles.
- Describe your role and the steps to take in managing a conflict between others.
Day 4: Coaching Employees
- Define coaching and the necessary elements of an effective coaching experience.
- Identify strategies for engaging employees.
- Discuss the elements of coaching conversations to help develop employees.
- Identify coaching strategies using the Can Do/Will Do grid.
- Practice giving effective feedback.
- Identify ways to handle emotionally charged conversations.
Cost: $875 for entire series
Or choose specific session to attend - $280 for full-day sessions; $140 for half-day sessions.
Refund policy: If a cancellation occurs two weeks or more prior to the class date, a refund will be issued less a $75 processing fee. Within two weeks of the class date, no refund will be issued. Attendees may transfer to another workshop up to two times with no penalty, after which no refund will be issued.
Register For Event
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Jan. 3, 2019
Event time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Kansas City, MO
Event date: Jan. 9, 2019 - Dec. 11, 2019
Event time: 8:00 am - 11:30 am
St. Louis, MO
News & articles
Published: Monday, Oct. 1, 2018