S-130, S-190, L-180: Review and Field Practical, Firefighter Training and Wildland Fire Behavior
Hours: 16 | Prerequisites: Yes | Students: 15–30 | Host requirements: None
This is a combination of introductory courses designed to train the entry-level firefighter, as well as refresh the structural and wildland firefighter. Participants will be introduced to and gain knowledge of basic incident management organization, firefighting techniques, suppression equipment, safety, strategy and tactics along with fire behavior, and establish an awareness of human performance issues that impact fireline job performance.
- The full course involves completion by self-study of an online version of IS.B-100 (ICS 100), and self-study online or by download of L-180/S-130 and S-190 and the completion of this Review and Field Practical. The L-180/S-130 and S-190 self-study materials will be provided upon registration to participants April 3. Successful completion of the field practical is required for final certification of the L-180/S-130/S-190 courses.
- Participants will need to bring field work clothing, leather lace-up boots, work gloves and a hard hat to this class.
Completion by self-study of:
- IS.B-100 (ICS 100) Introduction to the Incident Command System (3 hours),
- L-180/S-130 Firefighter Training (30–35 hours) and
- S-190 Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior (6–8 hours).
Make sure you print and bring to the Review and Field Practical the course completion certificate for IS.B-100 (ICS 100) and all module certificates upon completing all the L-180/S-130 and S-190 course modules. Admission to the Review and Field Practical will not be allowed unless the IS.B-100 (ICS 100) certificate and all module certificates for L-180/S-130 and S-190 are presented to the instructor at the start of the Review and Field Practical.
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Feb. 28, 2020
Event time: 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Event date: Feb. 29, 2020
Event time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
News & articles
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020
Online courseHazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response Awareness 1908
Aug. 1, 2019 - March 1, 2020