MOCAN Conference 2020: Building a Healthy and Productive Missouri Workforce
As we monitor the ongoing national response to the spread of COVID-19 and keep public health top of mind, we have decided to cancel the conference. Registrants will be provided a full refund of registration fees.
The Missouri Council for Activity and Nutrition (MOCAN) will host a 2020 conference centered on "Building a Healthy and Productive Missouri Workforce". This conference will raise awareness of the connections between community health status and workforce development at local, regional, and statewide levels. Workplaces are an essential piece to every community operating system. Whether it be hospitals, schools, or local industries, workplaces are an everyday destination for community members and research demonstrates that a supportive and healthy work environment not only has positive health impacts among employees but also improves productivity. No matter the size, businesses and employers play a vital role in a community health system. Our conference will identify opportunities to improve workforce health for a diverse range of Missouri businesses, and provide networking opportunities and resources to help businesses establish or improve worker health and productivity.
What’s on the agenda?
· Exploring and applying practical tools to improve and promote healthy workplaces
· Introducing worker health across the lifespan
· Reviewing comprehensive investment strategies
· Addressing job stress, burnout, and mental health
· Panel discussion with awarded wellness programs in Missouri
Recognizing the 2020 Missouri WorkWell Awardees – organizations can apply by March 1st
Who should attend?
Missouri professionals interested in supporting and improving employee health and productivity.
· Employers, wellness coordinators and HR professionals for schools, hospitals or local businesses
· Those attending the MOAND conference on April 17th in Columbia
· Four hours of continuing education units (CEUs) are expected for dietitians, nurses, society of human resource management (SHRM) and certified health education specialist (CHES) professionals
Cost: $95/attendee. Limited space available!
A special thanks to our conference sponsors!
Interested in sponsoring? Email [email protected]
Use the group number of 2372133. Group rates are not guaranteed after March 14th.
Conference Contact: Sherry Davisson, [email protected], 573-882-2184
- Diane Rohlman Healthier Workforce Center of the Midwest (HWC) Director
- Lauren (Schulte) Remspecher St. Louis Area Business Health Coalition Senior Director, Member Engagement & Communications
- Karin Baughman Freeman Health System Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: April 6, 2020 - May 28, 2020
Event date: April 6, 2020 - June 8, 2020
New Madrid, MO
News & articles
Publication date: Feb. 1, 2020