Missouri Emergency Services Instructor Conference
The Missouri Emergency Services Instructor Conference prepares and presents training programs for emergency services personnel and public fire educators. Instructors and other supervisory personnel will find this conference valuable in planning for the training needs of their organizations. Whether you are just starting out or have been involved with training for many years, this conference will benefit you.
Friday, November 6, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm • Preconference
Saturday, November 7, 2021
8:00 am - 12:00 pm • General Session
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm • Conference
Sunday, November 8, 2021
8:00 am - 12:00 pm • Conference
The Missouri Emergency Services Instructor Conference consists of a preconference program and a conference weekend. Participants can choose to attend either portion of the event or both.
During the preconference, instructors have the opportunity to attend a blended learning class, instructor update or a traditional train-the-trainer. These deliveries are chosen with the intent to elevate the knowledge and skills of instructors that participate.
- Blended Learning: These classes trade a significant portion of travel and classroom time for the convenience of structured, interactive online learning, including remote instructor support. Participants are required to attend the first day of class at the preconference with a laptop. The remainder of the instructor-led class is completed online.
- Instructor Update: Instructor update classes provide critical information and procedures that may have changed for specific courses over time.
- Train-the-Trainer: These classes are reserved for instructors certified by the Missouri Division of Fire Safety. If you are not affiliated with a Missouri fire department, this requirement may be waived. Participants will receive the curriculum and training to deliver the selected course as a MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute Registered Program.
The conference consists of a general session with keynote speakers and is followed by instructor workshops. The goal of these presentations is to prepare and broaden the training abilities of all emergency service professionals that attend.
- General Session: A general session will kick-off the conference. The Instructor of the Year award will be presented to an outstanding MU FRTI adjunct instructor. Also, you will hear program updates from the Missouri Division of Fire Safety and MU FRTI.
- Keynote: During the general session, nationally recognized speakers will present topics that relate to and inform emergency service professionals.
- Workshops: Attend in-depth presentations on subjects that are designed to inform and expand your abilities as an instructor.
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
News & articles
Online courseMid Missouri Region Neighborhood Leadership Academy
Aug. 24, 2020 - Nov. 3, 2020
Online courseThe Beginning Gardener-Getting Started with Vegetables-2020
May 15, 2020 - July 15, 2020