Level 2: Advanced Animal Cruelty Investigator - Albuquerque
Founded in 1990, the National Animal Cruelty Investigations School was the first of its kind, offering a combination of specialized veterinary and law enforcement training. Students from a range of backgrounds — including federal, state and local animal cruelty officers, humane society investigators and board members, police officers and sheriffs’ deputies, court personnel and other citizens — learn from experts about all aspects of animal welfare and safety.
The program has three different components (Professional-Advanced-Expert) that should be taken in order.
Registration preference will go to investigators with active investigations. Due to the nature of the business, topics discussed and videos shown during the schools will have graphic content and may not be suitable for everyone.
Continuing Education - Participants with a grade of 70% or more on the written examination will receive a certificate of completion and 40 continuing education units.
COST: $650.00 per person
- Register 45 days in advance and receive 10% discount.
- Group discount: Register three students from one agency additional registrations at 50 percent off full registration. Registrations must be submitted together, and all registrants must attend to qualify.
- Agency Discount: Any agency that mandates the National Animal Cruelty Investigations Training in their policies and procedures will receive a 20% discount. Contact LETI@missouri.edu / 573-882-6021 for approval and discount code.
- PetSmart Discount: A current employee with PetSmart can receive a discount on event registration. Contact LETI@missouri.edu / 573-882-6021 for approval and discount code.
- A limited amount of partial scholarships are available.
ASPCA Scholarship Application - Attach application and written request on agency letterhead to hard copy registration or immediately following an online registration.
Ramona Goodman Scholarship - Two $500 scholarships for Kansas residents with at least one of the awards to be given to a woman. Contact email@example.com.
Advanced Animal Cruelty Investigator curriculum includes:
|Compassion Fatigue||Career Hacks|
|Criminal Activity||Agricultural Animals & Confinement Operations|
|Body Condition Scoring- including Practical||Equine Investigations|
|Humane Euthanasia||Pet Stores|
|Proactive Approach to Investigations||High-volume breeders|
|Crime Scene Investigations||Officer Safety|
Register For Event
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Sept. 23, 2019 - Sept. 27, 2019
Event time: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Event date: Sept. 23, 2019
Event time: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
West Plains, MO
Event date: Sept. 24, 2019 - Nov. 14, 2019
Event time: 8:30 am - 9:30 am
News & articles
Published: Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019
Online courseHazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response Awareness 1908
Aug. 1, 2019 - Oct. 1, 2019