Hazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response: Operations
This course meets the objectives of NFPA 472, 2008 edition and OSHA 29 CFR1910.120 and looks at the tasks which are within the realm of the hazardous materials operations responder. Topics include an overview of hazardous materials, using the recognition and identification clues in risk assessment, basic monitoring, decontamination, estimating the likely harm and risks and determining the options of intervention and non-intervention. The course provides hands-on skills covering diking and damming, diversion, applying foam and performing emergency decontamination.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): The following gear is required to participate: helmet, bunker coat, bunker pants with boots, and gloves that met the NFPA standard 1971 at the time of purchase.
- Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA): Participants attending should bring their own pressure-demand type self-contained breathing apparatus and one spare cylinder. All air cylinders must be within hydrostatic date or will not be refilled and should be marked with departmental identification. Breathing apparatus must meet NFPA standard 1981. In addition participants must provide a Nomex or PBI protective hood. Individuals with beards, sideburns or other hair styles that interfere with the proper seal of a breathing apparatus face piece will not be allowed to participate in classes requiring SCBA use.
Note: Protective hoods over beards are not approved.
- Hazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response: Awareness
- Equivalent programs will be considered with documentation of completion.
- SCBAs for each participant and air refill capabilities
- 1-5” x 5’ section PVC pipe, 4 shovels, booster line, 2-soft bristle brushes, pike poles, tarps.
- Appropriate site for diking and damming activities including water source
Missouri Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
- 14 hours Technical
- 1 hour Legal
- 8 hours Skill
- 1 hours Interpersonal
Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
- EMS Non Core-24
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: June 8, 2020
Event time: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
News & articles
Published: Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Online courseThe Beginning Gardener-Getting Started with Vegetables-2020
May 15, 2020 - July 15, 2020