CDA Explores: Arts & Economic Development
**Note: This event is not currently scheduled, but this educational training can be facilitated in your community. Contact GK Callahan for more information.**
Learn how the arts and culture can enrich your community and diversify your economy.
In this two-day educational training, you will learn how the arts and culture can be an addition and diversification of traditional community and economic development practices and how the arts can favorably impact local and regional economies.
Engage in experiential learning with leading edge thinkers providing practical application on topics such as:
- Strategies for economic development in the 21st century as applied to rural communities and small towns.
- Why diversify the economic stream?
- How the arts are a valid strategy for boosting and diversifying the economy in small towns and rural communities.
Also you will learn how:
- One small mining town in Arizona built on their assets and developed a multi-pronged approach to community and economic development with the arts, culture and the environment central to their mission. And,
- One Missouri community followed a process to develop a cultural heritage tourism product that could lead to a new creative industry in their community.
This educational training is presented by University of Missouri Extension’s Community Development Program, Community Arts Program, and ExCEED Program.
Who will want to attend?
- Local and regional elected officials, economic development directors, directors of tourism and convention and visitor bureaus, civic and social organization leaders, local business owners, artists, entrepreneurs, arts organization leaders, regional planning councils, school superintendents and school boards, librarians, county commissioners, and volunteer coordinators. Also those working in city/county parks and recreation, conservation and natural resource departments, Main Street organizations, Chambers of Commerce, community betterment groups, Extension and outreach programs, and past Community Development Academy participants.
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.