Advanced Practice Assessment and Skills Workshop 2019
The 4th annual Advanced Practice and Skills Workshop will enhance the knowledge and skills of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) in all settings regarding how to assess, manage and treat commonly occurring health disorders across the lifespan. Hands-on workshops will be offered for basic and advanced suturing. Topics will focus on the entire lifespan, including adverse childhood experiences, childhood maltreatment, children and the opioid crisis, mindfulness, personality disorders, the latest research in Alzheimer’s disease and updates in pharmacology.
Both the regular conference and pre-conference are designed to assist DNP students and current APRNs to practice to the full extent of their education and training. The pre-conference may be of interest to all RNs who provide front line patient care. Target Audience: Acute and Primary Care FNPs, Acute and Primary Care PNPs, Adult/Gero and Pediatric CNSs, Psychiatric Mental Health NPs and CNSs.
- Laura Kuensting Children’s Mercy Hospital – St Louis DNP, APRN, PCNS-BC, CPNP, CPEN, APRN, Associate Teaching Professor, DNP Pgm. Dir.
- Shelby Thomas MU Sinclair School of Nursing DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, CLNC, Assistant Teaching Professor
- Miriam Butler MU Sinclair School of Nursing DNP, NP-C, FNP-BC Interim Director, DNP Program Assistant Teaching Professor
- Nancy Birtley MU Sinclair School of Nursing DNP, APRN, PMHCNS-BC, PMHNP-BC, Assistant Teaching Professor
- Valerie Bader, PhD, MN, CNM MU Sinclair School of Nursing Assistant Teaching Professor
- Dan Stewart MS, Program Coordinator of SAGE of PROMO Fund
- Amanda Swenson MU School of Medicine MD, MSPH, Associate Professor of Family and Community Medicine
- Lucas Buffaloe MU School of Medicine MD
- Timothy Fete MU School of Medicine MD, MPH, Professor Emeritus
- Karin Baughman Adult Outpatient Psychiatric APRN
- Zorina Piña-Hauan MSN, FNP-BC, Family Nurse Practitioner
- Garima Singh MU School of Medicine MD
- Joel Shenker MD. PhD, Associate Professor of Clinical Neurology Residency Program
- Adrienne Holden The Alzheimer's Association, St. Louis MSW, MPH, LMSW, ACSW, Director of Medical & Research Initiatives
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Jan. 10, 2019 - Jan. 11, 2019
Event time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
St. Louis, MO
Event date: Feb. 1, 2019 - Feb. 2, 2019
Event time: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
St. Louis, MO
Event date: Feb. 18, 2019 - Feb. 22, 2019
Event time: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
News & articles
Published: Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2018
CEU(HAI) Resources for CIC Certification: Nursing Strategies to Decrease Healthcare Associated Infections
CEU(HAI) Unit 1: Best Practices in Infection Control in Ambulatory Care Settings: Basic Infection Prevention and Control Principles to Guide Practice (CEU)
Online course(HAI) Unit 1: Best Practices in Infection Control in Ambulatory Care Settings: Basic Infection Prevention and Control Principles to Guide Practice (noncredit)