2020 Master Gardener Course
Provides in depth horticulture training for Missourians who wish to spread their knowledge of gardening. Prepares volunteers for horticulture questions frequently asked by citizens around the state, based on unbiased research based gardening information.
Meets every Wednesday, January 29-April 15; except March 18.
Cost: $200.00; includes information binder and handouts
* To understand the mission of the Missouri Master Gardener Program and how it functions.
* To acquire a working knowledge of the fundamental principles of plant growth and development.
* To apply concepts of plant growth and development to everyday situations and uses in horticulture.
* To learn basic terminology associated with the art and science of horticulture.
* To gain an appreciation of horticulture as a life-long pursuit.
This will be an 11-week course that will cover the following:
* Plant Structure, Classification and their Environment
* Soils Basics
* Plant Propagation
* Managing Insects
* Controlling Diseases
* Lawn & Turf
* Vegetable Gardening
* Landscape Design
* Fruit Gardening
* Flower Gardening
* Trees & Shrubs: Care & Pruning
Further information: [email protected] or 636-797-5391
- Debi Kelly FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE View Profile
- Sarah Denkler REGIONAL DIRECTOR View Profile
- Karen Davis Urban Buds: City Grown Flowers Farmer
- Chad Follis Mineral Area College Professor - Horticulture
- Kate Kammler FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE View Profile
Register For Event
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Jan. 21, 2020 - Jan. 22, 2020
Event time: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Saint Joseph, MO
Event date: Jan. 21, 2020
Event time: 10:45 am - 2:30 pm
News & articles
Published: Friday, Jan. 10, 2020
Online courseHazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response Awareness 1908
Aug. 1, 2019 - Jan. 27, 2020
Online courseMaster Gardener Core Training Course and Manual Bundle
Jan. 19, 2020 - May 31, 2020