2020 Grow Your Farm
Information on production techniques is relatively easy to find and use, but what many landowners need is help to develop the farm as a profitable business. With this in mind, Grow Your Farm is designed to assist you, the producer, in creating and planning your farm as a business.
This course will help you:
- Identify and prioritize personal and family values and use them as the foundation for the farm mission statement and goals.
- Learn how to "walk the farm" to assess the land and its facilities.
- Learn to evaluate the feasibility of particular farm opportunities.
- Understand the components of a business plan and create one of your own.
- Understand financial aspects of a business plan and review popular tools to manage financial records.
- Consider different types of agricultural marketing and draft a marketing plan.
- Become familiar with a variety of legal issues that pertain to farming enterprises.
- Network with other farmers.
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
News & articles
Online courseMid Missouri Region Neighborhood Leadership Academy
Aug. 24, 2020 - Nov. 3, 2020