Management Intensive Grazing Video Series (VHS cassette)
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available for purchase. A link to ordering information is on this page.
Department of Agronomy
This series provides the viewer with fundamentals for implementing management-intensive grazing. Each section on the tape covers a specific aspect of managing the forage-livestock system. Plant, soil, livestock, and technology issues are all addressed in an easy-to-understand, non-technical format.
- Extending the grazing season (10:44)
- Forages for summer grazing (12:04)
- Soil nutrient management in pastures (11:45)
- Water systems development for grazing systems (10:20)
- Appropriate supplementation on pasture (12:57)
- Matching livestock and forage production cycles (07:31)
- Fencing systems for grazing management (18:47)
- Optimizing plant growth (9:08)
- Nutritional needs of livestock (9:28)
- Laying out a manageable system (10:26)
- VHS cassette or DVD (see link to DVD12)