Enhanced Leadership Development Academy for RNs and NHAs in Long-term Care
A professional development certificate program offered by the University of Missouri
Enrollment opens November 1, 2018
Take this survey FIRST before you click the register button to determine your eligibility.
We are pleased and excited to now offer the ELDA in a totally online format.
Open enrollment - start when you are ready. A full year to complete. You are in control!
Join us for the MU Leadership Development Academy for Nurse Leaders and Nursing Home Administrators in Long-term Care. We know that Long-term Care can be challenging. With an 11 year proven track record, hundreds of graduates and life-changing testimonials, this leadership course is designed for busy LTC professionals, all while earning 50 hours of CE credit..
The academy has been proven to increase leadership skills and improve confidence, which will help to create a working environment that encourages teamwork and quality improvement.
This professional development certificate program offers a proven curriculum to help you build the self-confidence, talents and persistence you need to lead a top performing team. In addition, you'll gain enhanced knowledge and skills you can immediately apply to your work setting.
No cost for RNs and NHAs from Skilled Nursing Facilities in Missouri
$1,000 - For for all other RNs and NHAs from Missouri or out-of-state.
Thanks to support from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, this proven certificate program is offered at NO COST to RNs and NHAs from Skilled Nurse Facilities in Missouri. The complimentary option is available to Missouri SNFs since the support for this Academy is provided by CMP funds designated for Missouri SNFs. All others are WELCOME but need to pay the $1,000 fee which equates to $20/hour for CE credit.
The program target audience includes RNs (you do not have to be a DoN) and NHAs. It is especially beneficial if the RN-NHA leadership team, or two RNs from the same organization, can enroll together to foster the team’s ability to make sustainable improvements in the workplace.
- Innovative and evidence-based curriculum.
- Strong focus on application to practice and peer consultation.
- Graduates receive a certificate from the University of Missouri and stand out for achieving this designation.
- Show Me PIPS and Best Practices- Share your organization's success and learn from others.
- The Art and Science of Leadership & Management: The Complexity View
- Coaching, Counseling and Conflict
- Leading High Performing Teams
- Leading & Sustaining Change
- A Team Approach to QI including guidance with PIPs
- Creating & Leading Person-Centered Care
- Financial Considerations for LTC Leaders
- Staff Engagement and Meaningful work
- Influencing Up
- Managing Generational Differences
- Measurable improvement in falls, staff retention, communication, incontinence, re-hospitalization, and more.
- Retention rate of graduates up to 18 months after completion of the program exceeds state and national averages.
- Significant increase in confidence to lead.
- Significant increase in leadership behaviors.
- Enriched and expanded peer networks.
For more information on the benefits of ELDA, see the video below.