In-depth horticulture training for Missourians who wish to spread their knowledge of gardening.
East Central MO
Urban East MO
Urban West MO
West Central MO
Master Gardeners are trained volunteers who enjoying sharing their gardening knowledge with others.
St. Louis Master Gardeners
Horticulture Answer Service
Master Gardeners are in our office every Monday and Wednesday from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. to answer all of your plant questions.
- Please stop by, or call us at 314-400-7657 to speak to a Master Gardener during those times.
- You can also email [email protected] at any time with your plant questions. Note: The hotline is not staffed 40 hours a week, but you will receive a response in a timely fashion.
- If you have questions about commercial horticulture or soil test interpretations, feel free to contact our Horticulturist, Justin Keay, at 314-400-7388.
Master Gardeners at work
Nathan Brandt (former horticulture specialist) and the St. Louis Master Gardeners were hard at work beautifying the grounds at the Kathy J. Weinman Shelter. The volunteers are transforming the space to provide some comfort for the women and children residing within the facility. This is one example of the partnership MU Extension has with St. Louis County. This began with a phone call requesting help with a flower bed. Do you have community horticulture project that you would like help with? Give Holly a call: 314-577-9442
2018 Master Gardener class
Use Tab key to loop through the section bellow. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
News & articles
- Published: Thursday, June 14, 2018
Includes sidebar, “Tips for gardening with children.” ST. LOUIS – A Master Gardener nurtures little minds and mouths at Sacred Heart Villa, a preschool in St. Louis.University of Missouri Master Gardener Margaret Grant teaches preschool ...
- Published: Monday, May 14, 2018
ST. LOUIS – Master Gardener Paul Whitsitt takes the farm to the city and the city to the farm.Whitsitt owns Kitchen House Coffee in St. Louis’ trendy Tower Grove East community. Out the back door, chickens earn their keep by laying eggs for the ...
- Published: Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018
HILLSBORO, Mo. – University of Missouri Extension in Jefferson County will hold Master Gardener classes Monday evenings at Jefferson College’s Hillsboro campus.Weekly classes will be 6:30-9:30 p.m., Feb. 26 to May 7, said MU Extension ...
- Published: Friday, Dec. 15, 2017
COLUMBIA, Mo. – Submitting soil samples to your local University of Missouri Extension center is easy, says Manjula Nathan, director of the MU Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory. Now is the best time of the year to submit samples to the accredited ...