This is a listing of the 4-H Youth Development events that usually occur every year in Jackson County. Current event information will be posted as it becomes available; until then information from the previous year will be available. For information on state 4-H opportunities throughout the year, visit 4-H Opportunities.
Reoccurring meetings and events
- 4-H & Equine Councils Officer Application
- 4-H Council meeting: 3rd Monday of each month except December.
- Equine Council meeting: 1st Thursday of every month, except December, at 7 p.m. at Blue Springs Office, 1600 NE Coronado Dr., Blue Springs, Mo. In September, the 4-H Council and Equine Council have a combined meeting.
- Fair Committee meeting: 2nd Monday of each month and the Monday of Fair week. A month is skipped after the fair, and then a fair evaluation meeting is held.
- Shooting Sports Club and Committee: Held every other month on the 2nd Tuesday of that month. Meeting in February, April, June, August, October, and December.
- Event Committees (King & Queen, Achievement, etc.): Meet for 3-4 months prior to the events to prepare.
- Newsletter: Sent out each Monday through email, unless there is a holiday.
- Missouri State Fair (Sedalia)
- Club leader meeting (required)
- Sept 30: End of 4-H year – deadline for project records, award & scholarship applications, club leader forms, club reports, etc.
- County awards evaluation day
- Nov. 2: Equine Council Meeting
- Fair ad sales for fair book due
- Dec 1: Member re-enrollments complete
- Jan 4: Equine Council Meeting
- Regional deadlines for MRFs chosen to advance from Jackson County
- Jan 31: FINAL enrollment deadline for Jackson County to be able to participate in Fair
- Feb 1: Equine Council Meeting
- King & Queen Royalty applications due
- Regional Energizer (Regional Event)
- March 1: Equine Council Meeting
- March 10: Equine Trade Day (Sunset Trails Stables, Lee's Summit)
- Youth Civic Leaders Summit (state event)
- Teen Conference (state event)
- King & Queen Royalty Event
- April 1: Equine Council Meeting
- Equine Council Clinic (not every year)
- May 1: Horse enrollment & helmet policy agreement deadline
- May 3: Equine Council Meeting
- Tractor Supply Paper Clover Campaign
- June 7: Equine Council Meeting
- June 23: County Fair Horse Show
- State 4-H Congress (state event)
- Contest Day
- June 28-30: Jackson County 4-H Fair, Drumm Farm, Independence
- Jackson County Fair
- Livestock Show
- Youth Tour Day
- T-shirt Order Form
- Friday Fun Night
- July 5: Equine Council Meeting
- 4-H State Fair Horse Show (Sedalia)
- Awards workshop for youth