Cooking Matters courses
Learn planning and shopping strategies to help you prepare nutritious, affordable meals through one of our hands-on Cooking Matters courses. These six-week courses cover nutrition principles, meal planning, shopping tips and cooking activities, and include a bag of groceries for adult and teen participants to take home at the end of each class.
Participation is free, and limited to those eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Read more to find out which Cooking Matters course is right for you.
- Cooking Matters for Adults provides smart shopping and food preparation tips to adults on limited budgets.
- Cooking Matters for Kids introduces third- through fifth-graders to the basic principles of healthy eating and safe cooking. Participating children prepare nutritious recipes in the course while learning smart food choices they can make at home or out to eat.
- Cooking Matters for Teens encourages teenagers to prepare their own healthy homemade meals, beverages and snacks.
- Cooking Matters for Families brings parents and their school-aged children together in the classroom to learn how to plan and prepare quick, healthy meals at home.
- Cooking Matters for Parents focuses on helping parents with young children learn to create a healthy home food environment on a limited budget.